Living in North Carolina it is mandatory to include coleslaw with sandwiches, BBQ or fried chicken. (Yes, I make Keto Fried Chicken …. more on that later.) This sugarless coleslaw has passed the test with many unsuspecting family and friends … not one person has ever realized it was sugar free! If you are a fan of Bojangles or KFC style coleslaws give this Keto version a try, I hope you will be impressed…
Cream Keto Coleslaw:
- 1/2 cup sugar free Mayo (like Dukes or Aldi’s)
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream with 1 t. Lemon juice added
- 1 1/2 T. Apple cider vinegar
- 2 T. Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Swerve or Granulated Erythritol Stevia Blend
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1/4 t. Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 t. Summer Savory or Celery Salt (we prefer summer savory)
- 16 ounce bag of diced cabbage carrot slaw mix (I usually buy the “southern slaw mix”) or chop 16 ounces of cabbage & carrots in your food processor
Plan ahead and prepare this 12-24 hours in advance of serving it. Begin with adding 1 teaspoon to the 1/4 cup Heavy Cream and allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes to create “buttermilk”. In the container or bowl you plan to keep the Coleslaw add every ingredient except the cabbage mix. Whisk well to incorporate all the ingredients … it will still be slightly lumpy but that’s okay.
Pour the entire bag of the cabbage mix into the dressing and “dress” the slaw. Seal tightly and refrigerate. While it is sitting in the fridge allowing the flavors to “marry” take the time every few hours to stir the container. Serve cold.
Let me know how yours turned out!